Diploma in Pharmacy
- Field Of Study:
- Health, Medicine & Welfare
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- January, June
DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY [KPT(JPS)600-03/1250 (16)]
Pharmacy is the art and science of dispensing and medicines, that involve in preparing and formulation of drugs, also educating about medicine.
Pharmacy is the health profession that links the health sciences with the chemical sciences, and it is charged with ensuring the safe effective use of pharmaceutical drugs under responsibilities of pharmacy. Without the existence of pharmacy, no hospital would run effectively.
Based on Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society, nowadays the ratio of pharmacist to patient in the year 2010 is 1:4700, which means at current, the country is still faced with a shortage in pharmacy support staff, in hospital, clinics, and public health services.
The objectives aim to develop Diploma Pharmacy in Geomatika College International is to produce high quality pharmacy assistant so that it can enhance progress in the field of pharmaceutical in Malaysia.
Course Handling Method
- Producing higher skilled worker pharmacist assistant.
- Providing more chances for student to further study to higher level in pharmacy.
- Generating educated individual to meet the high skill workers market for the globalization world demand.
||3 Years / 6 Semesters
- Pharmacist assistant in private or government hospital or clinics
- Clinical research assistant
- Research and development laboratory assistant
- Marketing officer (medical divide / medicine)
- General Chemistry
- Microbiology Pharmacy
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Basic Pharmacology
- Drug Therapy I
- Physical Chemistry
- Drug Therapy II
- Extremporanceous Dispensing II
- Pharmaceutics II
- Occupational Safety and Hazards
- Computer Application in Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Sterile Pharmacy Services
- Behavioral Sciences
- Semester VII
- Hospital Training II
- Final Project and Presentation
- Special Project
- Hands on Practical (Laboratory)
- Hospital Training
- Pass SPM/SPMV obtained 3 credits including Mathematics and any other (2) subjects as well as pass in any of the sciences subject (Preferably in Chemistry) OR
- Pass STPM obtained 2 Principals in any subjects (preferably in Mathematics & Science)
- Sciences are encouraged to apply. However, art and social science students also may apply
For those who doesn’t have the above English Qualification will have to fulfilled below requirement :
Undergo Geomatika College International’s English Programme