Diploma in Early Childhood
- Field Of Study:
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- January, June
DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
According to UNESCO ECCE (Early Childhood Care and Education) Unit, Early childhood is defined as the period from birth to 8 years old. A time of remarkable brain development, these years lay the foundation for subsequent learning.
A systematic review of the international evidence suggests that the benefits of early childhood education come from the experience itself of participation and that more than 2.5 hours a day does not greatly add to child development outcomes especially if this means the young child is missing out on other experiences and family contact.
Early Childhood Education Program are the latest courses offered by Geomatika to catered the growing needs of better educator in early childhood development. The program provides an excellent opportunity for non-graduate teachers, school-leavers, and those interested in entering the teaching profession to be better equipped with a more solid command of the professional pedagogical and subject knowledge.
Students who have successfully completed this program will be able to identify a suitable teaching and learning approaches for young children, attend their needs, and to be reflectively and professionally engaged in teaching-learning processes and experiences, curriculum planning, aspects of management, and development of the profession.
- To give strong foundation and knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education
- To produce competitive students with ethics, morale and integrity in performing jobs in Early Childhood Education field.
- To equip the students with communication and psychological understanding for them to prepare themselves to attend students and/or parents.
- To expose students to the branches of Early Childhood Education as well as extensive career prospects in this area
- To provide opportunities to the students who wants to venture in Early Childhood Education.
||3 years / 6 Semesters
- Creative Writer
- Children’s Home Helper
- Children’s Events Organizer
- Introduction to Child Growth and development
- Children Learning and Play
- Issues and Policies in Early Childhood
- Children’s Social Development Behaviour
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to Emergent Literacy in Early Childhood
- Infant Todlers and Twos
- Early Childhood Principles and Practices
- Teaching Mathematics and Science in Early Childhood
- Creative Experience for Young Children
- Music and Movement Experience for Young Children
- Adult Child Relations
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Child Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Exceptional Child Development
- Administration in Child Care Program
- Industrial Training
- Project Based Approach Early Childhood
- Curriculum Development For Early Childhood
- Childhood through Observation
- Instructional Technology Development in Early Childhood
- Pass SPM/SPMV obtained 3 credits in any subjects OR
- Pass certificate program from any certified institution obtained CGPA 2.00 OR
- Other qualification certified by the Government of Malaysia
For those who doesn’t have the above English Qualification will have to fulfilled below requirement :
Undergo Geomatika College International’s English Programme