Diploma in Biotechnology
- Field Of Study:
- Science & Mathematics
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- January, June
DIPLOMA IN BIOTECHNOLOGY [KPT(JPS)5195/IPTS/1250/Jld.II(82)]
Diploma in Biotechnology is designed to produce human resources that capable to apply their knowledge and skills in fields of Biotechnology such as molecular, environment, bioprocess, agricultural and pharmaceutical. It also suitable for those whose love nature and want to transform natural resources into beneficial products.
Students will be exposed to practical knowledge in handling equipment, safety in laboratories, preparing media, basic skills in laboratories, molecular, and environmental.
This is a 3 years program with one semester of industrial training. Students will be placed in suitable industries to gain knowledge and experience as preparation in working field.
Besides busying themselves with subjects, students will be able to develop their soft skills through presentation, co-curricular activities and entrepreneurship program.
- Develop more talent in the field of science and technology especially in the field of biotechnology.
- Increase more opportunities for students to further their education to a higher level, especially in the field of chemical biology, microbiology, genetics, biomedical science, food science and biological engineering process.
- Students are given a comprehensive exposure of the biological sciences to produce quality workers and excel in the field of biotechnology in Malaysia.
|3 years/6 semester
- Laboratory Technician
- Development and Commercialization
- Basic Statistics
- General Chemistry
- General Biology
- Introduction to Biotechnology
- Biotechnology Ethics
- Conservation Biology And natural Resources
- Protein Technology I
- Fermentation Technology
- Waste Treatment And Environmental
- Safety Management and Health
- Organic Chemistry
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Application of Microbial Biochemistry And Biotransformation
- Research Methodology
- Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Enzyme
- Natural Product
- Food Technology
- Protein Technology II
- Industrial Training
- Pass SPM/SPMV obtained 3 credits in any subjects (sciences students are encouraged to apply) OR
- Pass STPM obtained 2 principals in any subjects
- Certified Polytechnic certificate in related area obtained at least CGPA 2.00 and above OR
- SKM level 3 OR
- Community College certificate obtained CGPA 2.00 and above OR
- IKBN certificate
For those who doesn’t have the above English Qualification will have to fulfilled below requirement :
Undergo Geomatika College International’s English Programme