Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)
- Field Of Study:
- Science & Mathematics
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, February
The programme equips students with scientific, clinical and professional knowledge as well as strong communication skills, giving them the ability to positively impact the healthcare system.
The curricula is designed to encourage students to become independent learners who are capable of undertaking and understanding challenges in the use of medicine and in healthcare. They will gain the ability to integrate fundamental scientific principles into healthcare practice.
The programme is geared towards the patient as the major focus for the application of knowledge of the pharmaceutical sciences. There are four main areas within the programmes: Phamarcology, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Delivery and Pharmacy Practice.
360 Learning Experience
- Early exposure to realworld experience through field visits, study trips, and campaigns, as well as internship and research opportunities, prepares students for their future careers.
- Classroom teaching is influenced and informed by faculty members who are experienced in the field of pharmacy (public or private sectors) and continuously undertake research in their respective fields.
- Students obtain a broad understanding and perspective of the subject matter, due to the good mix of local and foreign lecturers.
- Over 70% of the lecturers are Ph.D. holders and many undertake research in their respective areas of interest, contributing to the enhancement of knowledge delivered in the classroom.
- The curriculum provides an in-depth insight in pharmaceutical sciences, physiology and pharmacy practice. Emphasis is placed on clinical skills, specifically with response to symptoms and differential diagnosis built on the application of scientific principles.
- Exposure to the three major healthcare areas in pharmacy, via 5-week placement in Community Pharmacy (Year 3), 15-week of Hospital Pharmacy (Year 3 & 4) and 3-week placement in Industrial Pharmacy (Year 4).
- Taylor’s Foundation in Science : Pass with min. CGPA 3.50 and above with min. B in Chemistry
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : Min. CGPA 3.00 including B in Chemistry
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : 5Bs. Min. B4 (70%) in Chemistry, Biology and B4 (65%) in Mathematics / Physics
- A Levels : Min. ABC / BBB / AAC in Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics / Physics with min. B in Chemistry
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) : Min. ATAR 75 including B in Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics / Physics
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) : 6 Grade 12 U/M subjects including Grade 12 U English (if not offering other English Language qualification). Pass with minimum 70% aggregate for 6 subjects including min. 75% in Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics / Physics
- International Baccalaureate (IB) : Min. 34 points including scores of 6 in Chemistry and Biology, Mathematics / Physics at Higher Level (HL)
- Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) : Min. of 75% in each of Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics / Physics
- Matriculation in Science : Min. CGPA 3.00 and above including B in Chemistry
- Diploma in Science : Min. CGPA 3.75 and above including B in Chemistry
- Diploma in Pharmacy : Min. CGPA 3.5 and above
- First Degree in a science subject : Min. CGPA 2.75 and above
- HSC-New South Wales : UAI average of 80% in 5 subjects including Chemistry (75%), Biology (75%) and Mathematics / Physics (70%)
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS : Band 6.0
- TOEFL : 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET : Band 4
All eligible candidates are required to attend an interview. The interview panel will include the Dean of Taylor’s School of Pharmacy. The application of all successful interviewees will be reviewed and approved by a member of the Faculty.
Candidates must be medically certified as physically fit to carry out pharmacy training.
- Academic Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Industrial Pharmacist
- Primary Health Care Pharmacist
- Regulatory Pharmacist
- Research Scientist
- Veterinary Pharmacist