University & College International Student Services

Select Course

Search for courses on UCISS Malaysia.

Apply Online

Apply for selected courses online

Get Approval

Get approval based on your applications

Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQs

Who is UCISS Malaysia?

UCISS Education Sdn Bhd is a Malaysian company offering student placement services in all renowned Malaysian educational institutions. It has a free to use searchable database of over 3000 courses accessible on its website that are being currently offered by Malaysian Educational institutions to international students coming from over 100 countries around the globe. Students are able to shortlist courses which they are interested in and apply in multiple universities from a single user interface, which saves them a lot of time and effort to apply in different universities individually. For details on offered services please “click here”.

Based in Malaysia, UCISS has the home ground advantage to deal with application matters with the respective private colleges and universities. UCISS offers unbiased reviews on institutions and their courses like no ordinary student agent.

What are the entry requirements to study at institutes of higher education in Malaysia?

International students must have at least twelve (12) years of education and have undergone a national/international examination recognized for the purpose of admission to diploma or degree programmes.

Country                          General requirement for diploma or degree programmes                       
Bangladesh HSC
Brunei A-Levels
China Senior Middle 3 or National College Entrance Examination (Gao Kao)
Hong Kong HKALE ‘A’ Levels
India Standard 12 Senior School Certificate
Indonesia SMU Ebtanas III
Iran Pre-university
Japan High School Graduation
Korea High School Leaving Certificate or Scholastic Achievement Examination
Macau Senior Middle 3
Nepal Higher School Certificate
Myanmar High School Examination
Nigeria Senior School Certificate Examination
Pakistan ‘A’ Level or HSC
Philippines High School Diploma
Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level
Sri Lanka GCE ‘A’ Level
Taiwan Senior Middle 3
Thailand Matayom 6
UK ‘A’ Levels
USA High School Diploma
Vietnam Baccalaureate Diploma (High/Secondary School) Year 12


Do I need to pass the IELTS or TOEFL examinations in order to obtain admission to a degree programme in Malaysia?

This requirement varies, depending on the course(s)/programmes(s) that you are interested in. Most private universities have their own English Language courses and you may enroll to such course if its required.

Can I open a bank account?

Yes, once you get your student pass you can open a bank account.

Is it advisable to take hostel accommodation or private accommodation?

This solely depends upon your personal choices, although most Malaysian educational institutions offer quality accommodation services at affordable rates.

Can I pursue two degrees at the same time?

No, you are only allowed to study one full-time degree at any one time.

Can I change my mind and transfer to another educational institution?

If you wish to withdraw from your course/programme in your present college/university and to transfer to another approved educational institution in Malaysia, a release letter from the current college/university and an offer letter from the new college/university are required to support your application for a new student pass sponsored by the new college/university. Your current college/university will arrange for your existing pass to be cancelled or shortened prior to the issuance of the release letter.

The student pass is not transferable.

What is the validity of a student pass?

The Department of Immigration issues Student Passes for a maximum of 12 months or if the course duration is less than 12 months the Pass will be for the duration of the course.

Why do some universities require an application fee when applying?

Certain specific universities will require students to pay an application fee before they process the student’s enrolment application. In cases where an application fee is required, we will keep you informed and you may make the payment directly to the university. UCISS Malaysia does not receive any payments on behalf of its represented institutions.

In most cases, the application fee charged by the university will be minimal. This fee will not be refundable.

What are the documents required when applying for courses?

Malaysian Students

  • Completed application form obtained from the Admissions Office (which we will send to our students).
  • Application Fee upon Admission letter (cheque / bank draft made payable to the respective institution).
  • Copy of educational certificates and transcripts.
  • Copy of identity card or passport.
  • 4 passport size photographs.


International Students

Students need to submit the following documents to our office no later than 6 weeks prior to the term he/she intends to commence:

  • Completed application form obtained from the Admissions Office (which we will send to our students).
  • Application Fee and First Payment upon Admission (Bank Draft / Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)) made payable to the respective universities.
  • Copy of Applicant’s Education Transcripts and Certificates.
  • 8 Passport Size Photographs (WHITE background only).
  • 2 CLEAR and LEGIBLE copies of Valid Passport (ALL pages). Passport must at least still be valid for another 1.5 years.
  • Copy of Relevant Academic Transcripts (Certified True Copies).
  • Health Report.


Please note: Applicants are advised to send in their applications at least 1.5 months before the commencement of a new intake to avoid any delays in the issuing of Student Visas.

What is the time validity period of an admission/offer letter issued?

In all cases the admission/offer letter issued will be valid until the start of the course intake date indicated on the admission/offer letter. However, the admission/offer letters validity can be renewed by informing us on your postponement of your entry via email. We will then resend you the updated admission/offer letter.

Do take note that some universities may charge students a fee for the change of intake.

What are the procedures when arriving in Malaysia?

Applicants are required to complete a meet & greet form at least one week before their departure date. The Malaysian Immigration requires a representative from the respective College or University to be present to escort the applicant through the Immigration Checkpoint. Applicants will not be allowed to pass through the Immigration Checkpoint if the college’s/university’s representative officer is absent.

Therefore, it is very important that you contact us to inform us of your arrival date and time so that we can be present with the university representative to pick you up from the airport.

Is Health Insurance compulsory for all international students in Malaysia?

It is compulsory for all International Students to be covered by Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance for the duration of their studies in Malaysia. The school has an Agent who can assist in this matter or alternatively, students can choose their own Insurance policy/company.

What are the requirements to apply for part-time courses?

At the moment, part-time courses are only available for local Malaysians. However, if you are a foreigner with a valid working pass and interested to study part-time, you can do so. For more information, kindly contact us at

How long does the application process takes?

Each application process depends on the response time of the college and university that you are applying to. In most cases, the evaluation results will be out 3-5 working days from the time of application. Applications made during weekends will be submitted instantly by us, however will also depend on the office hours of the respective college/university.

In some cases the evaluation process will take a longer time due to cases such as additional supporting documents required by the college/university etc.

At UCISS we give you our commitment to have every application processed at the quickest time possible. Being a local agent, this enables us to communicate and deal easily with the colleges/universities in cases where re-appeal is needed for a rejected application or credit transfers in need of subject exemptions.

How do I apply through UCISS Malaysia?

Only 3 EASY STEPS to APPLY for your desired programme with UCISS Malaysia!

  1. Register and complete your profile.
  2. Search and compare to identify the courses you want.
  3. APPLY for your desired courses.
  • SUBMIT all your relevant documents (upload into your free account, e-mail or fax)
  • Passport Copy (all printed & stamped pages)
  • Education Certificates e.g. O-Levels, A-Levels, UCE, IB, Diploma, Degree, other equivalent qualifications
  • English Qualifications e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
  • UCISS Malaysia will keep you posted on the status of your application.

Visa and Student Pass FAQs

Do I need an entry visa to Malaysia?

A visa is required to gain entry into Malaysia. Some countries are exempted from this requirement. Please check with the nearest Malaysian Embassy/Mission.

How long will it take me to get a Visa Approval Letter (VAL)?

It should take 3-4 weeks upon submission of a complete application and payment to the educational institution you’ve applied for.

How does one get an entry visa into Malaysia?

To obtain an entry visa, you are required to visit the nearest Malaysian Embassy/Mission in your home country along with your offer letter from the Malaysian educational institution, the Visa Approval Letter issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia and all other relevant documents and/forms duly completed and payment as required by the Malaysian Embassy/Mission for the application of an entry visa.

What are the documents required to apply for a student pass?

Once you have accepted the offer letter made by the Malaysian educational institution and relevant payments/fees made, the said educational institution will apply for a student pass on your behalf.

What is a student pass?

A student pass is a multiple entry visa and permission to remain in Malaysia for the purposes of study at an approved institution on an approved course.

How long does it take to get an entry visa from the Malaysian Embassy/Mission?

This depends upon the Malaysian Embassy/Mission in your home country but should not take more than three (3) working days typically.

When do I get a student pass / sticker endorsed on to my passport?

The Malaysian educational institution shall receive you at the airport on your arrival at which point your passport will be collected by them to arrange for a student pass/sticker endorsement. This normally takes not more than fourteen (14) working days, provided that all post entry requirements are fulfilled by you and the educational institution, including the medical screening requirement.

Do I need to go through a medical examination after arriving in Malaysia?

Yes, a Malaysian medical examination is mandatory for international students and you are required to attend and complete the medical examination only at EMGS’s approved panel of clinics/hospitals within seven (7) days from your date of entry into Malaysia. Details of panel clinics would be provided to you upon arrival.

If I do not attend a Malaysian medical examination what will be the consequences?

If you fail to attend a Malaysian medical examination within the timeline, your student pass application will be cancelled and no student pass will be issued.

Can I work while on a student pass?

All international students studying at public or private higher educational institutions are allowed to work part-time for a maximum of twenty (20) hours per week ONLY during semester breaks or holidays of more than seven (7) days at restaurants, petrol kiosks, mini markets and hotels as long as their student passes remain valid and with the prior approval of the Department of Immigration.

International students are NOT permitted to work as cashiers. In addition, in the hotel sector, international students are NOT allowed to work as singers, masseurs, musicians or GROs. International students are not allowed to engage in any job or activity deemed to be immoral.

Applications to work part time must be made through the educational institution at which the international students are enrolled. The international student needs to be present with the representative of the educational institution at the Immigration Department of Malaysia in order to submit an application for part time work.

Can I study on my social visit / tourist visa?

No, this is not permitted. International students are only permitted to study full time courses in Malaysia with a valid student pass issued by Immigration.