Foundation in Science
- Field Of Study:
- Health, Medicine & Welfare
- Level Of Study:
- Pre University
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, February
The programme equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in the dynamic field of science. The programme emphasises on learning by doing, and therefore, students are regularly required to work on actual projects.
Students are exposed to a dynamic environment, which encourages two-way interaction between students and lecturers. Learning also takes place beyond the classroom via community service trips, interaction with researchers, participation in competitions, and many more.
- Acquire practical skills with our science laboratories that are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Experience learning supported by modern technology, such as lecture capture, and various online tools.
Balanced Learning Environment
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
- A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation is allocated to various continuous assessments such as quizzes, class tests, projects and oral presentations while the remaining 50% to the final exam.
From Theory to Application
- Holistic learning approach through the Integrated Science Project (ISP), which implements research skills and scientific concepts and balances learning outcomes with hands-on experimentation.
- Cultivate independent and confident learners through continuous assessments which encompass public speaking, group work and creativity.
Conducive Learning Environment
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
- Exposure to latest developments in science and technology through workshops and talks by local and international academicians and industry leaders.
Reliable Support System
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level : Min. 5 credits including Mathematics, English and 2 (two) Science subjects and a Pass in Bahasa Melayu
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis