Foundation in Engineering
- Field Of Study:
- Level Of Study:
- Pre University
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, February
The programme equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a successful engineering degree. The programme emphasises learning by doing, and students are regularly required to immerse themselves in hands-on learning activities such as case studies and real-life projects.
Students are exposed to an innovative and technologically-driven programme that employs digital tools to enhance teaching and learning.
Upon completion, students will develop core competencies in the field of Engineering, which gives them a head-start to becoming sought-after future engineers who are able to positively impact the world around them.
Strong Engineering Focus
- Exposure to the fundamental understanding of the engineering industry with subjects like Engineering, Civilisation & Future of Mankind and Engineering Design & Innovation.
Revolutionary Learning using iPad
- Students will use iPads to access the latest learning tools such as iBooks and electronic study materials that have been specially developed by the School.
From Theory to Application
- Students are exposed to cutting-edge knowledge and relevant industry concepts as the programme is led and delivered by Chartered and Professional Engineers.
- Cognitive skills are taught through project-based learning, which constitutes a hands-on approach that is effective and interactive.
- Introduction to CDIO™ framework that stresses on the whole product life cycle.
Balanced Learning Environment
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate disciplinespecific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
- A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation is allocated to various continuous assessments such as quizzes, class tests, projects, oral presentations and laboratory practical reports while the remaining 50% to the final exam.
Conducive Learning Environment
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
- Students are kept up-to-date with the latest developments in science and technology through a range of activities, such as science discovery workshops, guest lectures, research work and career talks.
Reliable Support System
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level : Min. B in Mathematics and 5 credits including English, Additional Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with a pass in Bahasa Melayu
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Pass with 4Bs including English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Upon successful completion of the Foundation programme, students can choose to pursue their engineering degree at Taylor’s School of Engineering.
- English I
- Algebra and Geometry
- Chemistry I
- Physics I
- Engineering, Civilisation &
The Future of Mankind
- English II
- Physics II
- Engineering Design & Innovation
- Chemistry II
- Introduction to Statistics
Source: Taylor’s University