Diploma in Hotel Management
- Field Of Study:
- Hotel, Food & Tourism
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, January, May
This programme is designed to give students comprehensive operational and technical skills for a career in the hospitality industry.
The curriculum focuses on the key competencies related to hospitality operations, communication, human relations and cultural diversity. Through this programme, students can gain knowledge on the concept of hospitality and develop operational skills that will allow them to work in different service sectors.
Knowledge of Professional Tools
- Exposure to using Opera (Property Management System) and Micros (Point of Sales) software, which are widely used in the hospitality industry.
- Well-equipped and state-of-the-art facilities to aid learning.
Preparation for the Industry
- Exposure to three major operational aspects of the hospitality industry: rooms division, food and beverage service as well as cuisine.
- Develop communication and customer skills, which cultivates service-minded graduates.
- Exposure to introductory business studies such as Marketing, and Accounting.
- Regular field trips and industry visits to hospitality establishments to understand the industry.
- 16-week internship in hotels, integrated resorts, restaurants or convention centres to develop relevant skills.
Flexible Further Study Options
- Advanced standing into Year 2 for Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons), Bachelor of Culinary Arts & Foodservice Management (Hons) or *Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management).
- Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the Académie de Toulouse, a division of the French Ministry of Education.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level : Min. 3 credits including a pass in Bahasa Melayu
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Min. 3Bs
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis