Diploma in Graphic Communication Design
- Field Of Study:
- Creative Arts, Design & Music
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, March
The programme aims to provide an integrated study focusing on cultivating technical, conceptual and management skills essential to the development of a professional graphic designer.
The programme emphasises practical capabilities in implementing effective design solutions. Students will examine the variety of creative thinking processes and explore a wide range of visual design styles and technologies appropriate to the context of the problem.
Additionally, students are encouraged to explore and understand various social and multicultural environments which will affect their future practice of graphic design.
Strong Graphic Design Foundation
- Intensive training in various design formats via modules such as Typography, Graphic Design 1-2, Advertising and Photography.
- Appreciation of how design impacts human behaviour and purchasing decisions via modules such as Human Communication, Visual Culture and Consumer Behaviour.
- Understanding of professional design practices and the use of the latest digital tools via Digital Imaging, Electronic Publishing and Web Design.
- Final design project undertaken in the final semester combines all prior learning, and is reviewed by a panel of industry experts.
Exposure to Business and Entrepreneurship
- Understanding of design strategies and its impact on business objectives via modules such as Marketing Principles & Practice and Entrepreneurship.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Valuable exposure through participation in field trips and industry site visits that enhance learning.
Dynamic Internship Programme
- 7-week industrial training to develop practical and relevant skills for future employment.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/O Level: Min. 3 credits including a pass in Bahasa Melayu and Art or Visual Aptitude Test (VAT)
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Min. 3Bs
- Other Qualifications: Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL: 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B4
Students who have completed a full year preparatory / foundation study in English may be exempted from meeting the English requirements.
Source: Taylor’s University