Diploma in Event Management
- Field Of Study:
- Hotel, Food & Tourism
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Event Management
- Course Intake:
- August, January, May
This programme is designed to equip students with the fundamental work skills for the events industry and the ability to recognise the industry’s development and growth.
The two-year programme will instill in students comprehensive knowledge of events operations, effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic knowledge in business administration, problem-solving skills as well as higher standards of professionalism and ethics that are expected of a professional in the events industry.
Ultimately, students will gain a holistic and hands-on study of events management, instilling in them the confidence to deal with various stakeholders in their future careers.
Our Unique Edge:
Strong Focus on Event Management
- Integration of knowledge and skills into real-world practice, through hands-on projects such as organising on-campus events or roadshows, via modules such as Introduction to Events, Event Venues & Facilities, Meetings & Incentives, Exhibitions & Trade Shows, Sponsorship for Events, and Events Project.
- Opportunity to build networks with venue providers and event companies through site visits and field trips.
- Opportunity to organise various events through the Events Club, to obtain additional experience and develop soft skills, especially in dealing with clients and stakeholders during events.
- Exposure to history and cultural backgrounds, arts and traditions, as well as people from different Asian countries, through modules such as Culture & Heritage, which equips students with knowledge on planning incentive events in different countries.
Beyond Event Management
- Exposure to business aspects of the event industry as well as the general business of the tourism and hospitality industry, to equip students with knowledge and tools to open their own events management company in the future.
- Opportunity to practice the art of negotiation and build confidence when dealing with suppliers, sponsors, venue providers and other stakeholders via modules such as Sponsorship for Events and Business Negotiations in Events.
- Exposure to elements of accounting, including budgeting, which is crucial to successful event planning.
Flexible Further Study Options
- Advanced standing into Year 2 for Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) or Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Travel & Recreation Management).
- 16-week internship in event management companies or convention centres to develop practical and relevant skills.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O Level: Min. 3 credits including a pass in Bahasa Melayu
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 3Bs
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis