Diploma in Education (Primary Education)
- Field Of Study:
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, March
This programme equips future educators with the knowledge to develop their classroom practice in line with current social, economic and technological changes. Students are instilled with a global view for a broad and modern education.
Students are equipped with skills to implement the school curriculum to support and sustain learning, practice effective classroom teaching and management skills, apply problem-solving and critical thinking in a teaching and learning context, as well as communicate and interact effectively with students.
The programme aims to groom future educators who can effect positive changes in the lives of their students and the communities in which they work; reflect on own practices and learn autonomously; and apply the competencies involved in technology-enabled pedagogies to support and sustain learning in their students.
- Exposure to both Malaysian Primary School Standard- Based Curriculum (KSSR) and the National Curriculum of England and Wales through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) equips students for teaching practice in private and international schools.
- Options to specialise in English, Mathematics or Science.
Understanding Learners’ Needs
- Develops sound understanding on teaching methods tailored to the different needs, attitudes and capabilities of each child, through modules such as Child Development & Well-Being.
- Develops an understanding and awareness of children’s special needs and their issues, as well as the capacity to initiate innovative programmes to ease their learning, through module such as Inclusive Education.
- Modules such as Foundations of Acting, Introduction to Music and Introduction to Business improve students’ classroom delivery and teaching techniques, as well as increase awareness on awareness on broader areas.
- Students learn how to manage the classroom, capture the attention of a group of children using different teaching approaches, communicate and solve problems effectively, through modules such as Interpersonal Communication, Managing the Classroom, and The Art & Science of Teaching.
Dynamic School Placements
- Hands-on experience of teaching in primary classrooms of leading international and private schools.
- 2-week School Orientation & Culture in Semester 2, Year 1 provides students a chance to get acquainted with school culture.
- 12-week Teaching Practice in Semester 4, Year 2 enables students to teach lessons, and implement various theories and strategies in a classroom environment.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / IGCSE /
O Level : Min. 3 credits including Mathematics, English, and Science
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 3Bs including Mathematics, English, and Science
- Other Qualifications Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL : 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B4
- O Level: Grade C
- 1119 (GCE-O): Grade B
- All eligible candidates are reqiured to attend an interview.
- Upon successful completion of this diploma, students can further their studies in: Year 2 of the Bachelor of Education ( Primary Education ) ( Hons ).
Source: Taylor’s University