Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) (PR and Event Management)
- Field Of Study:
- Mass Communication
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Event Management, Public Relations
- Course Intake:
- August, March
This programme prepares students with skills and knowledge in public relations and event management in the digital age.
With emphasis on critical thinking and analytical research skills, students are encouraged to challenge viewpoints, explore creative ideas and concepts, and examine issues from many different perspectives.
This programme aims to produce communication strategists who are able to elevate the image and competitive edge of an organisation through well-integrated PR plans and event campaigns.
Strong PR and Event Focus
- Well-rounded knowledge of public relations through modules such as Media Writing, Public Relation Principles, Promotional Writing and Publicity & Media Relation.
- In-depth knowledge of event management and all aspects of planning and promotion, through modules such as Exhibition Management, Entertainment Management, Design for Events, Event Risk Management & Safety, and Live Event Project.
- Active engagement with the industry through Professional Media Workshop module, which provides opportunities to participate in talks, workshops, forums and practical sessions conducted by industry professionals.
- Hands-on exposure to real campaigns, real clients and industry members, through the Public Relations Consultancy module and the student-formed agency – proPassion Communication.
Valuable Internship Experience
- 10-12 weeks internship with advertising agencies, media agencies and marketing communication consultancies provide real life experience and understanding of the various job functions.
- Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE), UK.
- Foundation in Communication: Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Diploma in Communication: Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia(STPM): Min. CGPA 2.00 in 3 subjects and min. C for each subject
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Min. 5Bs including English
- A Levels: Min. DDD
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM): Min. ATAR 65
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU): Min. average of 60% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Min. 24 points in 6 subjects
- Other Qualifications: Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL: 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B4
- O Level: Grade C
- 1119 (GCE-O): Grade B
Students who have completed a full year preparatory / foundation study in English may be exempted from meeting the English requirements.
- Campaign Director
- Corporate Affairs Manager
- Corporate Communication Manager
- Event Manager
- Public Relations Consultant
- Public Relations Manager
Source: Taylor’s University