Bachelor of Laws
- Field Of Study:
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, March
The programme provides students with an in-depth understanding and appreciation of legal doctrines and concepts in the various areas of law. Through a combination of theoretical studies and practical exposure, students will be taught how to apply these into a variety of factual situations.
Students are encouraged to identify and define legal problems and propose the most feasible or amicable solutions. Various avenues for social interaction, teamwork and project management are provided, enabling students to develop relevant personal and professional skills. Ultimately, the programme grooms legal professionals who are able to act ethically, professionally and with integrity, while also contributing towards the development of society.
Study of Malaysian and English Law
- Students will learn both Malaysian and English Law, providing them with sound knowledge of the fundamentals of the legal system and practices in Malaysia.
Ready for Legal Practice
- Application of legal theories to real-life cases at the Taylor’s Legal Aid Centre, while also developing a sense of community awareness, under the guidance and supervision of lecturers.
- Compulsory Mooting exercises for first-year students hone their legal research and writing skills, as well as boost their confidence in public speaking and inculcate team spirit.
- Students are requirred to become proactive and independent learners, thus enabling them to become lifelong learners and face the challenges of today’s legal fraternity.
Learning from the Industry
- In-depth understanding and a real-life feel of the legal profession via industry visits to the Legal Aid Centre, Parliament, Palace of Justice, Attorney General’s Chambers, prisons and legal offices.
- Platforms for students to meet and engage with the country’s legal giants and gain valuable insights into the legal profession, through industry networking events.
- Exposure to specialised areas of law and the workings of the legal fraternity through the Law Speaker Series.
- 4-week compulsory internship programme to develop practical and relevant skills for future employment.
- Opportunity to carry out attachment at top law firms, the Bar Council’s Legal Aid Centres and other organisations, for students who excel in their studies.
- Taylor’s Foundation / Diploma* : Pass with min. CGPA 2.77
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : Min. CGPA 2.77 Including Pengajian Am
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : 5Bs with max. 18 points in 6 subjects
- A Levels : Min. CCC or BCD
- South Australian Matriculation (SACE) : Min. ATAR 80
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)* : Min. average of 72% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB)* : Min. 24 points in 6 subjects and min. 4 points in 3 Higher Level subjects
- Other Qualifications* : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis