Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management)
- Field Of Study:
- Hotel, Food & Tourism
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Event Management, Tourism & Travel Management
- Course Intake:
- August, March
The programme is designed to produce professionals in the field of events management who can take their place as leaders in the global event and recreation industries.
Students will be equipped with functional and managerial skills, as well as knowledge in business, communication, culture and arts, events and tourism studies. The curriculum has been strengthened with international and local content preparing graduates to work in different parts of the world.
- Opportunity to organise live events; from designing and planning to execution.
- Regular field trips and industry visits to event establishments.
Comprehensive Programme Structure
- Develop specialist skills with an emphasis on creativity and organisation skills, technical skills and knowledge of event management, as well as understanding of the relationship between events and tourism.
- Understanding of services plans, marketing, public relations, sales, and legal aspects of events, in addition to project management, financial management, risk management and logistics.
- Strong emphasis on communication skills as the core of event management.
- Internship in Year 2 and 3 (26 weeks) to develop supervisory and management skills.
- Opportunity to embark on a fast track employment programme (Training and Linkages to Employment in Tourism – TALENT) for selected students.
International Study Opportunity
- Final-year students have the opportunity to participate in the International Student Mobility Programme that includes seminars, workshops and study trips to discover various forms of tourism.
- Opportunity for a semester abroad with credit transfer to United Kingdom, Finland, France, Switzerland, South Korea or Netherlands.
- Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of Toulouse, France.
- Taylor’s Diploma in Hotel Management / Tourism Management / Event Management / Culinary Arts : Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : CC with min. CGPA 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 5Bs
- A Levels : Min. EE
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) : Min. ATAR 60
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) : Min. average of 55% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB) : Min. 24 points in 6 subjects
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL : 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B6
- O Level: Grade C
- 1119 (GCE-O): Grade B
- Upon successful completion of the degree programme, students can further their studies into Taylor’s postgraduate programmes or seek employment.
- Convention Centre Manager
- Convention / Events Planner
- Convention Services Manager
- Entertainment Manager
- Events Manager
- Exhibition Manager
- Gaming Manager
- Incentive Organiser
- Professional Conference Organiser (PCO)
- Sporting Event Organiser
- Theme Park Manager