Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (Hons)
- Field Of Study:
- Hotel, Food & Tourism
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, March
The programme is designed to give students technical and management skills for a career in the hospitality industry.
The curriculum focuses on the key competencies related to hospitality business, communications and human relations. Through this programme, students will develop skills that are applicable to the industry, and gain versatility that will allow them to work in different service sectors around the world.
Knowledge of Industry Software
- Mastering software that are widely used in the hospitality industry, such as Delphi (Catering System), Opera (Property Management System), Micros (Point of Sales) and AutoCAD (hotel planning and design).
Exposure to Business and Entrepreneurship
- Cultivate business minded graduates through exposure to hospitality business modules such as Integrated Marketing Communication, Revenue Management, Hospitality Simulation, Service Quality Management, etc.
- Develop essential skills such as communication, entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
- Regular field trips and industry visits to hospitality establishments to understand the industry.
- Internship in Year 2 and 3 (28 weeks) to develop supervisory and management skills.
- Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Student Employment Programme – STEP or Future General Manager Programme – GeM) for selected students.
International Study Opportunity
- Final-year students have the opportunity to participate in the International Student Mobility Programme that includes seminars, workshops and study trips to discover various forms of tourism.
- Opportunity for a semester aboard with credit transfer to United Kingdom, Finland, France, Switzerland, South Korea or Netherlands.
- Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of Toulouse, France.
- Taylor’s Diploma in Hotel Management / Tourism Management / Event Management / Culinary Arts : Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : CC with min. CGPA 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 5Bs
- A Levels : Min. EE
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) : Min. ATAR 60
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) : Min. average of 55% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB) : Min. 24 points in 6 subjects
- Other Qualifications : Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL : 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B6
- O Level: Grade C
- 1119 (GCE-O): Grade B
- Upon successful completion of the degree programme, students can further their studies into Taylor’s postgraduate programmes or seek employment.
- Business Development Manager
- Convention / Events Planner
- Cost Control Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Director of Operations
- Exhibition Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Restaurants
- Director of Sales
- Front Office Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Revenue Manager
- Rooms Division Manager
- Training Manager