Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business Administration
- Field Of Study:
- Business Administration & Management
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Business Administration
- Course Intake:
- August, March
This programme is designed to equip students with in-depth understanding of business administration concepts and practices, which encompasses all aspects of owning and operating a business. This includes the entire spectrum from business management, to marketing of goods and services.
This programme emphasises critical thinking skills, enabling graduates to deal effectively with an increasingly complex business environment. It focuses on the performance or management of business operations and thus the making or implementing of major decisions. The elements of administration include planning, organising, staffing, directing as well as budgeting.
Ultimately, graduates will be groomed with essential knowledge and skills to manage key business functions that will drive strategy, and be prepared for executive positions as well as the ability to build businesses.
Strong Entrepreneurship and Management Focus
- Exposure to business and entrepreneurship via modules such as Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Production & Operation Management, Transnational Management and Corporate Finance
- Develop essential business skills and entrepreneurial characteristics by conceiving, planning and executing business ideas under the guidance of mentors from the faculty and industry.
- The Module Adoption Programme (MAP) links theory to practice by inviting industry specialists such as CIMB Group to give lectures, share experiences, case studies and projects to enhance students’ learning.
- Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Exec Track Programme) with CIMA and KPMG for selected students.
Diverse Choice of Electives
- Elective modules in different business areas such as International Business, Finance & Marketing enable students to expand their knowledge and gain a broader education.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Exposure to latest industry practices and trends via professional development activities such as business simulations, tea talks, dialogues, forum, workshops and scholarly updates.
- Service learning through community based projects, which cultivates students’ civic responsibility and understanding of relationships between theory, practice, values and community.
Dynamic Internship Exposure
- Minimum 10-week internship exposes students to the real working environment and provides relevant skills for future employment.
- Students will receive equal recognition and certification from both Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE), UK.
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF): Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Diploma in Business (DIB): Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM): Min. CCC with CGPA 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Min. 5Bs. Max. 24 points
- A Level: Min. CDD or equivalent of min. 200 points
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM): Min. ATAR 65
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU): Min. average of 65% in 6 subjects
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Min. 24 points in 6 subjects
- Other Qualifications: Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- TOEFL: 79 (Internet Based Test)
- MUET: Band 4
- UEC English: B4
Students who have completed a full year preparatory / foundation study in English may be exempted from meeting the English requirements.
- Brand Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Credit Manager
- Customer Relations Manager
- Marketing Communication Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Sales Manager
Source: Taylor’s University