Advanced Diploma in Patisserie & Gastronomic Cuisine
- Field Of Study:
- Hotel, Food & Tourism
- Level Of Study:
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- August, March
This programme is specially designed to train students to become experts in managing food, beverage and kitchen operations. The curriculum focuses on the areas of pastry, culinary and culinary management.
Through this programme, students will be able to master the technical skills in culinary and nutritional practices involving aspects of nutrition research and the development of culinary products; as well as understanding and applying the concepts of culinary knowledge during practical training at a professional level.
Focus on Food Creation
- Exposure to the latest culinary trends and concepts of culinary science, complex cooking techniques, and trends in restaurant cuisine.
- Equip students with the knowledge and skills to conduct research in culinary arts.
- Lead and manage subordinates in food production as well as to practice and enforce professional safety, sanitisation and food hygiene control.
Exposure to Business and Entrepreneurship
- Focus on business fundamentals through modules such as Entrepreneurship, which covers topics such as Business Plans, Marketing and Financial Management.
- 8-week internship in 1-star Michelin restaurant in France or fine dining restaurants to develop relevant practical skills.
- Taylor’s Diploma in Culinary Arts / Equivalent: Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
- Other qualifications: Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Upon successful completion of the advanced diploma programme, students can further their studies into the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management (Hons) or seek employment.