Foundation in Science
- Field Of Study:
- Science & Mathematics
- Level Of Study:
- Pre University
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- January, May
The UTAR Foundation programmes are one-year courses that prepare students with SPM qualification or equivalent to enter into the UTAR Honours Degree programmes.
The programmes provide students with a comprehensive selection of core subjects that enhance their academic knowledge in the respective areas of study and at the same time, develop their understanding and appreciation of other fundamental elective subjects.
Students are channelled to either the Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Science depending on their choice of study for the UTAR Honours Degree Programme.
- SPM with 5 credits (which must include 1 Mathematics subject and 2 Science subjects)
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 3 subjects (which must include 1 Mathematics subject and 1 Science subject)
- O-Levels with 5 credits (which must include 1 Mathematics subject and 2 Science subjects)
- Other equivalent qualification
Upon completing the Foundation in Arts programme, a student is expected to achieve the following:
- ability to develop problem solving, analytical and computing skills cultivated in the science and engineering courses;
- ability to cultivate a self-learning approach to study;
- ability to establish strong fundamentals in mathematics, information technology, science and engineering studies which are deemed essential in the pursuit of their respective degree fields;
- ability to acquire comprehensive technical competence in science and engineering to conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data;
- ability to develop research, presentation, time management and self learning study skills.
Source: Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman