Foundation in Arts
- Field Of Study:
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Level Of Study:
- Pre University
- Course Subject:
- Management, Social Sciences
- Course Intake:
- January, May
The UTAR Foundation programmes are one-year courses that prepare students with SPM qualification or equivalent to enter into the UTAR Honours Degree programmes.
The programmes provide students with a comprehensive selection of core subjects that enhance their academic knowledge in the respective areas of study and at the same time, develop their understanding and appreciation of other fundamental elective subjects.
Students are channelled to either the Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Science depending on their choice of study for the UTAR Honours Degree Programme.
- SPM with 5 credits
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 3 subjects
- O-Levels with 5 credits
- Other equivalent qualification
Upon completing the Foundation in Arts programme, a student is expected to achieve the following:
- ability to develop numerical, communication and critical thinking skills;
- ability to cultivate a self-learning approach to study;
- ability to establish strong fundamentals in business, language and social science studies which are deemed essential in the pursuit of their respective degree field;
- ability to develop research, presentation, time management and self learning study skills.
Students will have an option of opting for any 1 of the fields below:
- Social Sciences
- Chinese Studies
- Graphic Design, Multimedia and Architecture
- Management & Accountancy
Source: Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman