Doctor of Philosophy in Built Environment (By Research)
- Field Of Study:
- Agriculture & Environment
- Level Of Study:
- PhD. Studies
- Course Subject:
- Course Intake:
- June, March, October, September
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Built Environment programme aims to provide opportunity to professional and graduates to pursue a higher knowledge through variety of analysis, synthesis and research in the challenging Built Environment sector. This programme is recommended for those who expect to engage in a professional career in research, teaching or technical work of an advanced nature.
Duration of Study
Full time: 3-6 years
Part time: 4-8 years
- A Master degree in relevant field or any related field from any Malaysian government accredited institution OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicant, sufficient mastery of the English language is required.
- International applicant are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.0 or have attained a Master Degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- Students will be required to attend seminars in their research area.
- Students will be required to present and defend their research proposal at the end of their first quarter of study.
- Students are required to submit monthly progress reports to their supervisors. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- Students are required to publish at least one paper in their research area in an international journal or present at a conference.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the students’ performance on quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of their research, students will have to present and defend their thesis.
- Geomatic Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Facilities Management
- Real Estates
OR any relevant fields in built environment.
Source :Infrastructure University Kaula lumpur.