Certificate in Intensive English
- Field Of Study:
- Language Studies
- Level Of Study:
- Certificate / Professional Certificate, English Language Programme
- Course Subject:
- English Language and Literature
- Course Intake:
- April, January, July, October, September
The Certificate in Intensive English programme is ideal for those who want to improve their English communication skills. This is especially tailored for students who are planning to further their studies in English as all four main skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing – are covered in the syllabus.
In the course, students will :-
- develop writing skills
- acquire active reading skills
- converse with others and express their opinions more fluently and confidently in English
There are 5 levels of study from Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate to Upper Intermediate levels. Each level of study emphasizes all the essential skills – listening, speaking, reading, and writing, as well as grammar and vocabulary development.
Before the commencement of the course, students are required to take a placement test to determine their level of study. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the online English Placement test.
Duration for each level : 10 weeks
Total hours a week : 24 hours
Location: KDU Damansara Jaya Campus
SPM / GCE O Level
Completed SPM / GCE O Level or other relevant qualifications
Students are required to sit for the English Placement test and based on the results, students will be advised to take the appropriate English course(s) of the Certificate in Intensive English
Intake dates :
- 24 September 2012
- 7 January 2013
- 8 April 2013
- 1 July 2013
- 7 October 2013
You should know that……
- Besides classroom learning, there are also enrichment activities, field trips, workshops, and talks organized to provide greater exposure to the language learning process.
- The language community in KDU is like a salad bowl. Our international students come from at least 30 different countries.
- The Language Department boasts of excellent student-staff rapport. Our dedicated and qualified teaching staff strive to ensure that students excel in their studies.
- Pastoral care is provided to all students; each one is assigned an academic advisor for his or her whole course of study.
- Self-access, web-based language learning through 24/7 English allows students to improve their English, especially the listening and pronunciation skills, outside the classroom.
- Upon completion of the Certificate in Intensive English course, students can transfer to another programme of study at KDU. There are many options to choose from, depending on your interests. Speak to your academic advisors or KDU Programme Counsellors. They will be pleased to help you assess your interests, skills, and choice of careers.