The Bachelor in Culinary Arts Management (Honours) programme is designed to develop those who have chosen to pursue and further their career in culinary arts. This is to satisfy a range of administrative, operational and management areas in the Culinary Industry. This would also refine the practical skills they have learned before and enables them to perform effectively and in compliance with the operational industry standards.
Why Choose This Programme? Culinary arts is part of food service industries and this industry requires daily contacts and interaction with customers by serving the needs of the public. Therefore, good social and communication skills are important assets to acquire when planning to spend their career in the culinary arts.
What To Expect From This Programme? The Culinary Industry involves multifaceted forms of businesses. Therefore, the business and management modules cater to the needs of developing competency levels in relation to business. The business modules cover aspects like customer relationship management, human resource issues, IT, accounting, management and marketing as well as communication. These constituents will equip you with the necessary skills in relation to leading, managing, customer relationship and soft skills.
• Professional Culinary Studies 1
• Beverage Operations and Management
• Professional Culinary Studies 2
• Service Quality Management
• Professional Culinary Studies 3
• Revenue and Profit Management
• Computer Application in Hospitality
• Statistics for the Service industry
• Economics in the Service Environment
• Commercial Kitchen and Layout
• Personal Skills Development 1
• English for Academic Reading and Writing
• Personal Skills Development 2
• Menu Creation and Development
• Personal Skills Development 3
• Cost Control for Culinary
• Law for Hospitality & Tourism
• Kitchen Operation and Management
• Managing People in the Service Industry
• Restaurant Operation and Management
• Hospitality Management
• Marketing for the Service Industry
• Research Methods for the Service Industry
• Principles of Management
• Entrepreneurship Development
• Purchasing for Chef
• Executive Communication at Work
• Food Preservation
• Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
• Pengajian Malaysia
• Professional Pastry 1
• Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B
• Professional Pastry 2
• Pendidikan Moral / Pengajian Islam
Internship Programme You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
• STPM / A-Levels or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) principal passes.
• Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, April and August.
3 years including a semester of internship.
This programme covers a wide range of areas related to the competency requirements of your future workplace. It enables you to gather critical knowledge and acquire essential skills required in the Culinary Industry.
The components provide a strong connection with the competency levels required to be a part of the dynamic Hospitality and Culinary Industry workforce