This major/stream is part of a larger course. Information is specific to the major/stream, please refer to the course for more information.
This major is designed for students who are interested in pursuing careers in finance, broadly defined to include corporate finance, financial institutions, financial markets and various branches of the financial services industry.
Major/Stream Learning Outcomes
A graduate of this course can:
1. identify key theoretical principles and practical underpinnings of tourism, hospitality, and event management, and apply these from a conceptual and practical approach to industry and business
2. critically examine tourism, hospitality, and event management issues, trends and situations, and formulate creative and innovative propositions to manage challenges faced by the industry
3. access, evaluate and synthesise information from multiple sources to compare and discriminate between ideas relevant to the many dimensions of tourism, hospitality, and event management and relate this knowledge to a particular problem setting
4. employ appropriate communication methods to the tourism, hospitality, and event management disciplines for various audiences and contexts
5. use and apply technologies, recognizing their advantages and limitations when applied to tourism, hospitality, and event management
6. show responsibility for their own learning by demonstrating initiative in finding new information and conducting active participation in a variety of learning experiences
7. assess globally, then appraise management issues from a variety of perspectives
8. actively support the value of cultural diversity in improving business and professional practice.
9. demonstrate leadership, ethical practices and professional integrity when working within a team and independently
Major Organisation Note
The combinations being supported are: Bachelor of Commerce Electives Stream; Finance & Accounitng; Finance & Economics; Finance & Management; Finance & Marketing; Finance & Property; Finance & Asian Studies.
|YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2|
|2806||v.6||Introductory Finance 201||3.0||25.0|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1|
|2807||v.6||Managerial Finance 212||3.0||25.0|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 2|
|11038||v.5||Corporate Finance 307||3.0||25.0|
|YEAR 3 SEMESTER 1|
|9753||v.7||Portfolio Management 301||3.0||25.0|
|9754||v.6||International Finance 302||3.0||25.0|
|YEAR 3 SEMESTER 2|
|10820||v.4||Financial Derivative Securities 312||3.0||25.|